|Release Notes for Ziepod Version 0.99.8 (BETA)|
Release Notes for Ziepod v0.99.8 (beta)
Release Date :January, 2007
New Items :
New User Interface features
- Complete redesign of the fullview mode
- Upgraded Today mode (which was called 'Column' mode previously)
- Upgraded popup notifier
- You can browse help documentation from inside new Ziepod
- You can browse rated episodes from inside new Ziepod
- New panel to show descriptive information about items in the playlist
- You will be able to search and browse podcasts and their episodes via Feedzie in webpage style presentation
- New Ziepod supports XSL-based Home-tab decoration, which allows users to customize the Home tab interface, if they have knowledge about XSL language
- You can set new Ziepod not to clear the playlist when you click 'play' to play any episode
- While exporting downloaded episodes, or customizing download folders, Ziepod will show
the progress of that process.
- New Ziepod will save the order of the items in the playlist
- New Ziepod can start up inside the System Tray
New Sweeper-related improvements
- You can order queued downloads up and down with this new version of Ziepod
- You can customize new Ziepod replace the filename of the downloaded episode with its post title for individual podcast or for all
- When you delete episodes, new Ziepod asks your confirmation before deleting their downloaded files, if there is any
New Ziepod keeps some statistics to increase your awareness
- Do not throw into the Trashbin, instead delete them (when Trashbin is active)
- Do not ask for confirmation before deleting downloaded files, instead [delete them OR do not delete them]
- You can delete posts based on their file size
- Progress bar to show the progress level of the sweeping action
- Cancel button is enabled to let you cancel the sweeping action while in progress
- You can sweep all podcasts under any folder (recursive)
- You can also sweep inside Ziepod, that is inside all your subscriptions at once
New keyboard shortcuts
Now you can also use function keys (F1-F12) for customizing keyboard shortcuts
You can search inside new Ziepod
New Ziepod keeps the log of last played, downloaded and rated 5 episodes inside
Ziepod in case you next time you need to reach them quickly
Bloglines Support; now you can track your Bloglines subscriptions via new Ziepod
You can save search results from Feedzie.com into new Ziepod
"Check this site at Feedzie.com" button to check site listing of your subscribed
feeds at Feedzie.com
New Ziepod can detect previously downloaded episodes of subscribed podcasts on
your computer if they are happened to be in expected places, that is where Ziepod left
in its previous installation.
- How many posts have been retrieved, read, and rated in last 5 days
- How many minutes of podcasts have been listened to in last 5 days
- How many MBs of data have been downloaded in last 5 days
New Ziepod no longer uses TTL time to limit the synchronization period of one subscription. Instead
it shows TTL time as a suggestion. (Ziepod not allows user to set synch cycles lower than 15 minutes)
"Synchronize under" menu option of any folder now recursively synchronize all podcasts under
Smashed Bugs, which caused following cases:
When number of posts in one subscription exceeds 300, Ziepod started to show already deleted entries
Sometimes Ziepod failed to load existing playlists from iTunes at start-up
In specific cases, when you set download schedule, it caused crashes
When resume was not supported, Ziepod didn't cared about that and tried to download what it was left.
After selecting multiple podcasts, and then selecting "Run Post Sweeper" option on those, Ziepod crashed
Some problems related to redirected downloads
Sometimes Ziepod failed to automatically overwrite ID3 tags of MP3 files
Failed at global setting of "Add downloaded file into the playlist"
After suspending auto-synch for a podcast, and then syching it manually, Ziepod turned on the auto-synch again for that podcast
For some visual/display modes, content of the wizard and properties dialogs were not be totally visible/accessible. Now they are.
When setting download schedule, in some cases, it caused crashes
When one episode was moved into another place inside Ziepod while they were being downloaded, Ziepod canceled its download
Ziepod couldn't have played some of *MP3* files and showed "Failed to open" message. Now this case is mostly removed for downloaded episodes. In case of streaming, instead of saying "can't open", in most of the cases new Ziepod takes more time to open those failed files.
When there were both media and image enclosures associated with one posts, Ziepod sometimes choosed the image as a primary enclosure and discarded actual enclosure in media format.
In some cases, Ziepod failed to save downloaded file because of the invalid file name.
* Some of the bugs listed above may not be removed completely since they occur very rarely.
If you encounter any, please let us know. Plus, there are also other tiny bugs that are not listed above.
* We'd like to thank all Ziepod users who helped us by sending their feedbacks and suggestions.